Monday, December 7, 2009

Procrastinating

In the past I have not procrastinated on very many assignments because I know the stress and the poor work that goes along with it. One time in particular however, where I did procrastinate was in grade 8. Ms. Odell asked us to build our own castles representing one from the Middle Ages. I collected all of the materials right away eager to get started, but I didn’t know where to begin or how to even construct the image I had in my mind. Weeks passed and the due date grew closer and closer, I was beginning to panic. Two nights before the project was due I finally got started, It was not as I would have liked but I was certain it was good enough. When we got our marks back, I received a “B.” I realised the reason that I procrastinated was because I am an over achiever. It was my first high school project and I was afraid to disappoint Ms. Odell, my parents, and myself. In the end I disappointed only myself, but I learned that the best way to do a large project is to leave yourself plenty of time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment